[wplug] quick hardware question -- Dual Channel in Single Channel mode

Robert E. Coutch vze57qmg at verizon.net
Sat Oct 25 12:39:34 EDT 2008

I have a K8N-neo4 Platinum with dual core Opteron installed.

The BIOS has been updated and there is an option to enable/disable dual
channel mode.

As mentioned in another reply, MSI warns against the use of only 3 modules.

Why not pick up 4 sticks total and run them all in dual channel mode?

Here's a link to MSI's info on this MB and the memory configurations:
http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=k8n_neo4_platinum