[wplug] Chinese console fonts?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Fri Aug 15 07:16:12 EDT 2008

> I downloaded a chinese webpage onto my remote server using wget (where
> I host my webserver - running Debian 4.0) and when I view it the
> Chinese characters have been replaced with ASCII gibberish.

View it with Firefox?  If so, Firefox probably isn't getting the character
set information that's normally provided by the web server, and thus
falls back to the default character set.

Check to see if the HTML has meta tags with the character set, if it
does, then I'm wrong.  If it doesn't, you should be able to add them
to correct the problem.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com