[wplug] Chinese console fonts?

Zach Uram netrek at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 07:10:18 EDT 2008

I downloaded a chinese webpage onto my remote server using wget (where
I host my webserver - running Debian 4.0) and when I view it the
Chinese characters have been replaced with ASCII gibberish. Yet the
original Chinese page displays fine in Firefox on my local machine
(Ubuntu 6.06) and I can even see the Chinese characters in my local
console in Ubuntu when I load the file in emacs. So what packages do I
need to install in Debian etch which will alow me to view (and thus
correctly download and save) Chinese webpages? I do not want X fonts
since the server is only accessible via ssh and I don't run X on it.

Zach