[wplug] The End of the Telcos?

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Tue Apr 15 14:02:37 EDT 2008

> The Shadyside wireless project is a nice initiative that is working. I
> think projects such as that are a good place to start. Maybe Sq. Hill
> or the South Side can be tackled next, especially with the number of
> coffee shops.

 	I've been talking to Jon for quite some time, and he's a good guy.
Also the first person to do the build-out of a Memorial Wireless Network.

 	What he did was rather simple, though, and anyone could have done
that -- he went and just bought 50 or however many Meraki units, and went
and deployed them. This isn't something that many of us can do, unless we
have that kind of cash. Otherwise, anyone can go and unwire the SoSide, or
wherever.

 	I should prolly ask him if he had any issues when Meraki changing
their license structure un-announced.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.pghwireless.net