[wplug] Intel's power saving efforts

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Sep 21 18:16:36 EDT 2007

Not sure if folks saw it, but Intel launched a new community yesterday
dedicated to saving power on linux systems.  Basically, they've been
putting some patches into the kernel and improving userspace tools to
better manage power consumption.

http://www.lesswatts.org/

The results are most impressive on server and mobile machines, but
saving a few watts on a desktop is nothing to complain about.  Those of
us with MythTV boxes should be happy about this.

<shameless plug>
incidentally, I'll be speaking about MythTV at the October 20th meeting.
  I'll cover the basics of the system and also address some of the
issues most people miss, like creating a quiet system for your living
room and power issues.  Don't miss it!
</shameless plug>

--Patrick