[wplug] Intell Chipset Config

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:27:04 EDT 2007

ipw3945 has worked perfectly since Dapper (and NM is available in Dapper's
repos).  I didn't use pre-Dapper Ubuntu, but if you're trying to use
Breezy...WHY???

The deal with Gutsy is that Intel's redoing their wireless drivers so that
they're no longer the binary daemon blob with firmware blob thing.  I guess
Ubuntu hasn't gotten the new drivers merged into Gutsy yet, but they must've
already ripped out the old ones.  You could always compile one or the other
into Gutsy.

On 9/20/07, Christopher DeMarco <demarco at maya.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 05:18:08PM -0400, pandaeat at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have information on configuring an Intell wireless
> > chipset for ubuntu?
>
> What chipset?
>
> What Ubuntu?
>
> My Intel 3945 works just great in Feisty with the ipw3945 module; none
> of the Gutsy modules I've tried yet has supported my hardware.
>
> More detail, please!
>

> --
> Christopher DeMarco <demarco at maya.com>
> Information Technology Supervisor