[wplug] Comcast cable modem woes

Jason Freshwater jdfreshwater at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 12:47:25 EDT 2007

I would say to call and have them check signals to your modem.  Most of the
time, the modem may be losing connections due to poor signal quality.  This
could be due to everything from too much traffic, to possibly a bad
connector, anywhere from the pole to the modem.  A word of advice is that if
a service appointment is needed and it is a problem inside, you can get
around a service fee by subscribing to the Wire Maintance Plan for one month
at 3 dollars last time I checked.

On 6/29/07, Eric Cooper <ecc at cmu.edu> wrote:

> I have a cable modem connected to a Debian router/firewall with 2 3Com
> Vortex NICs.  In the past month or so I've been experiencing annoying
> freezes, where there is 100% packet loss to the Comcast router for as
> much as a minute, after which traffic flows again.
>
> Before I start swapping NICs and cable modems, has anyone else
> experienced this?
>
> --
> Eric Cooper             e c c @ c m u . e d u

Jason Freshwater