[wplug] Comcast cable modem woes

Chris Romano romano.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:51:38 EDT 2007

On 6/29/07, Eric Cooper <ecc at cmu.edu> wrote:

> I have a cable modem connected to a Debian router/firewall with 2 3Com
> Vortex NICs.  In the past month or so I've been experiencing annoying
> freezes, where there is 100% packet loss to the Comcast router for as
> much as a minute, after which traffic flows again.
>
> Before I start swapping NICs and cable modems, has anyone else
> experienced this?

I have comcast also and have experienced periodical freezes.  I have to
cycle the power to the modem for it work again.  It doesn't happen that
often, but often enough for me to consider switching ISPs.

Chris
--
"They that would trade essential liberty for a little temporary safety
deserve neither." -- Benjamin Franklin