[wplug] Comcast cable modem woes

Aaron M. pennstater at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:53:31 EDT 2007

I've had this happen to me from time to time, and I have a similar setup
to yours (Linux router/firewall running Gentoo). Once in a while I'll
lose all connectivity for about a minute, and then everything is fine
again. During the time which I have no connectivity, I can usually still
get to my cable modem's status page at 192.168.100.1 just fine, meaning
that traffic is passing through the router without any troubles. I
usually just blame it on Comcast and move on/deal with it, although it
is annoying for someone like me who is usually connected to about 9 IRC
networks 24/7, lol.