[wplug] LUG Interest Waning?

Brie Gordon brie.gordon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 09:39:16 EDT 2007

Do you know how long you've held that spot? What about other search engines?
I tried a few. Those results are the case.

I can only speak for myself but I think most of my searching was done
through word-of-mouth, I think.

2007/7/24, Patrick Wagstrom <pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu>:

> > On the flip side, I'm absolutely amazed that you were unable to find
> WPLUG
> > easily.  A search for "pittsburgh linux user group" on Google finds the
> > WPLUG home page as the first link, as does a search for "pennsylvania
> > linux users group" (notice that we outrank CPLUG). So I'm constantly
> > shocked when people say, "I looked for a LUG and couldn't find you."
>
> For that matter, we're the first hit when you google for:
>
> pittsburgh linux
> pennsylvania linux
> pennsylvania lug
> pittsburgh lug
>
> So that brings up a good question, we think we've got pretty good Google
> juice going for WPLUG.  If people can't find us, what were people looking
> for?
>
> --Patrick

Brie Gordon

"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war."

--Hyman G Rickover