[wplug] LUG Interest Waning?

Brie Gordon brie.gordon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 08:25:37 EDT 2007

I just started listening to the LUG two weeks ago or so. I've been way into
Linux for years and had been trying to find a LUG in the area before I went
off to college. I went to high school in Oakland and ran track/field at CMU
and never heard or saw anything about you guys. Now, I'm at Slippery Rock
and had given up, assuming there was no LUG in the area. I stumbled across
you guys by chance. I guess that's my verbose way of saying that better
publication would help - a lot! Maybe a facebook group? I'd help out with
it. If that's something you've already discussed or I'm beating a dead horse
let me know. Flyers? T-shirts (I know it's geeky but if they were sweet
T-shirts, I'd wear one)?

Everything waxes and wanes, just keep that in mind.

2007/7/24, Greg Simkins <gregsim at telerama.com>:

> Slashdot today discussed diminishing attendance at meetings of Linux
> Users Groups:
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/23/1357259.  They report
> that the mail lists are as active as ever.
>
> I have noticed at similar trend at WPLUG.  I think we have an active
> group, but attendance does seem to have fallen off.  Should we accept
> that as part of the normal trend?  Or are there suggestions on how to
> make the meetings more attractive?
>
> Greg
> (PR Committee)

Brie Gordon

"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war."

--Hyman G Rickover