[wplug] Corp Disclaimer Tags

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Jul 4 11:41:10 EDT 2007

On Jul 4, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 18:19 -0400, Jonathan Billings wrote:
>> I've just written perl scripts that run in my ~/.procmailrc that
>> filter them out, which doesn't really solve anyone else's problem,
>> but it makes me happy.
>
> How does that work?
>
> Do you just cut off anything after the signature header (-- )?
> Although that would still miss a lot.
>
> Or is it a combnational analysis, hysteresis, metric, etc...?

Nothing so complex.  I have a limited number of people with this
problem, and I just write a one-off script for each one.  I just
record a start and end tag for the disclaimer/signature, and the perl
script just filters it out before it is passed on to the MDA.

>> Of course, I only do that for people I care about.  I have procmail
>> delete anyone's message with signatures/disclaimers that annoy me.  I
>> figure if they say anything worthwhile, someone will reply to it, and
>> in most cases, they delete the stupid signature/disclaimer in the
>> reply text.  (except for those top-posting losers! :)
>
> Oh, so it's an inclusion list, with one-off analysis?

Actually, I accept pretty much all the mail, I have a short list of
addresses I exclude. (only about a dozen and a half, and many of
those are pretty generic).