[wplug] Corp Disclaimer Tags

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Tue Jul 3 19:38:44 EDT 2007

>> Is there a way to suppress this corporate paranoid verbiage? It's
>
> When you work in a firm that has these, you have to imagine the context of
> the daily detritus.
>
> You learn to choose your battles wisely and just accept that some executives
> operate under the false premise that email exists unilateral and that it
> possesses in-line QOS.

 	...or even that the receiving of an email automatically makes you
agree to such a disclaimer. I get these from recruiters, and it doesn't
stop me from posting the entire message to the web. As if!

 	There are lots of people who don't know anything about email
[ettiquite], and continue to blast out garbage. I've tried to politely ask
people not to do things, like typing in all caps, putting email to 500
people in the To: field, and not typing the whole message in the subject
-- only to have the person flame me for my trouble. It's like being
cut-off on the highway, honking your horn, and having the person flip you
the bird. (I almost ran over 5 people slowly walking across the street at
rush-hour today, on a 10 minute drive.)

 	What to do?

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com