[wplug] CUPS on Debian... pstoraster failing

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Wed Jan 31 04:16:35 EST 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007, Eric Cooper wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 05:14:04PM -0500, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:
>> [...]
>> There is a pstops filter followed by a pstoraster filter, and then
>> rastertohp (which I presume is the last hop before going out to the HP
>> printer).   pstops writes one page, but pstoraster says "No pages found!"
>
> If you have an HP inkjet printer, try installing the hpijs,
> hpijs-ppds, and hplip packages.  These are HP's own Linux drivers,
> rather than the generic CUPS filters.

Thanks for the tip.. but it didn't work.  It did install and start a new
set of daemons (hpiod and hpssd), but it still requires cups to be
running, and cups still fails in an identical fashion (pstoraster reports
one page of output; rastertohp reports no pages of input).

Is there some way I have to disable cups's own native drivers?

-Brandon