[wplug] printing to network printer

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Wed Jan 17 22:36:02 EST 2007

> This is a Lexmark Z65n.

 	*bam*

 	That's an inkjet printer, with some sort of wacky ethernet port.
If it is doing TCP/IP, it should answer to pings, and I think give some
sort of conenction-ability. It may not answer to portscans, though.

 	(I believe my Epson Stylus Color 1520 inkjets are available with
Postscript and ethernet options - I use the appropriate driver, and feed
the data to an outboard printserver.)

> I'm thinking a big piece of the puzzle will be getting the proper URI. As it
> is, I just don't know enough about putting one together to try a few
> variations.
>
> Or it could be that this printer just won't work with Linux unless it is
> hooked up via USB.

 	Gotta find out which language it supports, and then you should not
have a problem with it. Although, according to this article, Lexmark
printers are ultra-proprietary:

http://help.lockergnome.com/linux/Lexmark-Z65-ftopict274398.html

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com