[wplug] printing to network printer

Rick Reynolds rick at rickandviv.net
Wed Jan 17 22:12:47 EST 2007

Drew from Zhrodague wrote:
>>>     Does it have an IP address?
>>
>> All signs point to yes.  :)
>
>     I'll assume you've tried to ping it. There may be some other reason
> it doesn't work.

It doesn't respond to pings or anything nmap pumped at it.  But it is
online as far as the Winblows computer is concerned, so I don't think
I'm dealing with a networking issue.

>     Maybe a tcpdump. Let me look-up the printer... Uh -- what kind of
> printer was it? I deleted your original message.

This is a Lexmark Z65n.

I'm thinking a big piece of the puzzle will be getting the proper URI.
As it is, I just don't know enough about putting one together to try a
few variations.

Or it could be that this printer just won't work with Linux unless it is
hooked up via USB.

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
  It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with
potatoes. -- Douglas Adams