[wplug] Take me to hardware school

G.Pitman gpitman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 10:04:42 EST 2007

I really appreciate your help. I used the following commands to restore the
logical volume and besides the terrifying little error on vgexport,
everything worked fine.

[root at storm root]# vgexport foo_data
vgexport -- ERROR "lvm_tab_vg_remove(): VG doesn't exist" removing volume
group "foo_data" from "/etc/lvmtab"
vgexport -- volume group "foo_data" NOT sucessfully exported

[root at storm root]# vgimport foo_data /dev/sd[cejk]
vgimport -- doing automatic backup of volume group "foo_data"
vgimport -- volume group "foo_data" successfully imported and activated

Thanks again,
-Gary