[wplug] Trivialities... Re: A gentle reminder on posting etiquette

Mike Griffin mike at nbi.edu
Tue Jan 9 12:35:06 EST 2007

Perhaps a cell phone usage policy should be written to reflect the 'accepted
actions' during a meeting.

Personally, I would find it to be rude and disrespectful to everyone else
present, especially if a speak was involved, if someone decided to speak on
their phone while everyone else was in a state of observation. Everyone has
different morals/values. What you and I may find disrespectful others may
not, even if it is thought to be accepted common behavior to a known
situation.

I understand that there are times that we may expect a phone call, and have
to leave our phone on. I think that person should take into consideration
everyone around them. If you must leave your phone on, put it on vibrate (I
believe every cell phone has this capability). If you must talk on the
phone, do everyone else a favor and walk out of the room away from everyone.
If leaving the room isn't an option, moving to the back of the room, as far
away as everyone else that you could possibly get, keeping the conversation
as short as possible, and speaking in a low-tone voice/whisper would be
appreciated by everyone.

My $0.02

-Mike