[wplug] Trivialities... Re: A gentle reminder on posting etiquette

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 9 12:13:46 EST 2007

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:59:06 -0500
"O'Connor, Michael P." <mpoconnor at switch.com> wrote:

> The problem with the cell phone is when you get 3 reminders to turn it
> off before a talk, and answer it during a talk and talk loudly that *is*
> reason to get mad.
>

> The only time I seen some one get mad at a cell phone going off was when
> they guy answered it 3 times in a row, and had a 3 to 5 minute long
> conversation (very loud) the whole room could, while sitting in the
> front row right next to the door,  hear when someone was trying to give
> a talk.

I think the best way to have handled this would be, as the speaker,
to pause the talk and point out how someone feels their importance
is more than everyone else who wish to hear the talk.  After the
second time I would just ask the person to leave the talk.

--
Tom Rhodes