[wplug] A gentle reminder on posting etiquette

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Jan 5 13:13:07 EST 2007

Vance Kochenderfer wrote:
> 2. If you read the list as a digest, be sure to change the subject
>    line to something more meaningful than "Re: wplug Digest, Vol X,
>    Issue Y" when replying.  Also see #1, especially in regard to
>    trimming unrelated messages.

I don't want to bring back the "Top posting is evil" thread, but this is
one of the biggest reasons why I'm annoyed by top posters.  Often,
they'll quote the entire message (or entire digest!) without actually
indicating what they're replying to.  If the the only difference between
a top poster and a bottom poster was like the difference before prefix
and postfix notation, then it'd be a simple matter of adjusting email
reading parameters.