[wplug] A gentle reminder on posting etiquette

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Fri Jan 5 13:05:43 EST 2007

A couple of requests regarding posting to the list:

1. Aggressively trim down quoted material.  If your post doesn't
   directly address a piece of text, it doesn't need to be quoted.
   Most of the time there's no need to quote anything at all since
   the list archives are available for anyone who wants the
   additional background.

2. If you read the list as a digest, be sure to change the subject
   line to something more meaningful than "Re: wplug Digest, Vol X,
   Issue Y" when replying.  Also see #1, especially in regard to
   trimming unrelated messages.

It takes a little extra effort, but doing these will reduce the
bloat in readers' inboxes and help keep me from becoming (more)
insane while trying to follow discussion threads.  Thanks!