[wplug] Code 6 Package Manager

Weber, Lawrence A laweber at switch.com
Fri Aug 24 09:27:20 EDT 2007

A bit of help please.  I recently installed Fedora Core 6 and for the
most part it is working fine.  I need to add a package that I forgot to
included in the installation, so I am attempting to use the Package
Manager.  The package should be on the distro disks.

When I open PM, I get an error message saying that it cannot access the
network.  Clearing the error window closes PM.  The PC has internet
access and I set the network proxy and authentication config.  It cannot
access company network drives but does have internet access if it is
using the username/password from the authentication info.

I tried to do a reinstallation but the process does not give me a chance
to add a new package.  Any ideas?  I prefer to add this package from the
CD.

-laweber