[wplug] Book published using Open Source software

Neal Sofge neal_sofge at rand.org
Tue Aug 21 15:27:55 EDT 2007

> The biggest and most grossly proliferated falsehood is that books are
> written in MS Word (or any word processor, WP) at publication houses.
> They never have been.

That's generally (99%) true, but boy, I wish it were absolutely
(100%) true.  I used to do DTP consulting in Los Angeles and there
was one joint that insisted on using Word for "book block" layout
because it let them throw manuscripts back and forth between
editorial and author up to the last minute.  Biggest PostScript
headaches in the universe.

--
Neal Sofge, Web Technology Analyst
RAND Corporation <http://www.rand.org/>

may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use,
of the original message.