[wplug] cpu load?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 09:22:11 EDT 2007

Hi Brian,

I see. So there is no way to find out definitively if my system is
unresponsive due to I/O load? I'm surprised no one has written a good
Linux utility to show how much I/O each process is doing in real time.
That would be really helpful. You said you can trap a process and send
yourself an alert. How exactly is this done? On another matter I was
wondering how people handle reading their root mail, I get like 100
messages a day from logging programs and I can't keep up with it all.
Also I tried using mutt to read my root mail but it didn't display
anything so I'm stuck with the "mail" program. Any other ideas/tips on
system monitoring would be appreciated. I run xload in X and I usually
keep a console window open running top/htop. That's about it.

Zach