[wplug] Starting From Scratch

Michael H. Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:03:06 EDT 2007

Our users will be doing a lot of CPU intensive calculations, so I'm not sure
if LTSP is the way to go, unless we get a really massive main server, and a
bunch of wafer-thin clients.

I guess my question really comes down to this:  There are a lot of cool
things I know of that I can do with one linux computer.  But what about 10
computers?

Its should be easily managed - I'm a little bit daring, but ultimately my
job is to write software, not administer it.

It should be stable - if the whole operation is not running, we've got a
bunch of people whose time is valuable sitting on their hands.

It doesn't have to be super secure - this is an academic setting, and its a
small group of peers, and they're firewalled off.  They understand trust.

So just throwing that out there, I'm interested in any brainstorms people
might have.