[wplug] OpenWRT vs. DD-WRT vs. stock

Brandon Poyner bpoyner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 08:39:16 EDT 2007

On 4/17/07, Patrick Wagstrom <pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:

> I've been using DD-WRT for a few years with absolutely great success.
> It's got basically everything I needed, so the lack of package
> management didn't make much difference.  My basic setup is 2 WRTs
> running in WDS to provide wifi throughout the house and wired access to
> the mythtv box in the living room.

I set up two similar wireless networks, one for my home and the other
for the in-law's.  Initially I went with Sveasoft as it was nearly the
only choice if you wanted WDS, but within the last year changed them
all to DD-WRT.  I have no complaints, it just works.

--
Brandon
Kiva.org - Make a small loan, Make a big difference