[wplug] matching text between two words, regexp, perl.

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Wed Sep 27 12:32:21 EDT 2006

On 09/27/2006 11:34 AM, Juan Zuluaga wrote:
> Excuse my very novice question on web scraping,
> (and yes, I'm waiting for Mastering Regular Exp. to
> arrive!)
>
> What should be matching expression, to get all the
> text found between words? (it is a multiline text)

You'll need to add the 'm' modifier to the regular expression to allow
it to search multiple lines in the string.  If you want the '.' in the
regex to match carriage returns, you'll also need an 's'.

I suggest reading 'man perlre' for more details.

Always leave room to add an explanation if it doesn't work out.