[wplug] downtown WiFi

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Sep 9 13:03:27 EDT 2006

So, I've been pretty excited about this whole downtown wifi thing.  On
my run today, I swung by Heinz Field and over toward PNC park and there
were little 1/4 sheet flyers talking about the service.  However, what
none of them mentioned, was the fact that it's not really free.  Instead
you get two free hours, then they probably try to charge you.  I
received this juicy bit of information from the banner hanging over the
Roberto Clemente bridge as one goes from PNC Park toward Downtown.

Of course, "ifconfig ath0 ether SOMENEWADDRESS", would probably work
well enough to thwart that.

--Patrick