[wplug] journal commit i/o error

Shane Liesegang shane at shaneliesegang.com
Thu Oct 26 11:27:13 EDT 2006

Sadly, I don't remember the exact procedure I followed when extending
the LVM. By the end of the procedure, the GUI showed the partitions
across both drives (one on sda, the other on sdb) as one logical volume
in the LVM. Sure enough, that volume was reporting a size of the
combined partitions.

I tried smartmontools, which, for whatever reason, claims that my
devices don't support SMART. I downloaded SeaTools Desktop (both my
drives are Seagate), and it said that SMART was enabled on the drives,
which makes me think there was some kind of software error there.

The SeaTools Desktop ran its tests, but threw a floating point error and
refused to test my second disk. Suspicious. I'm definitely starting to
think hardware goofiness on this one.

Of course, I can't do a reformat/install anyway since Fedora is
currently inaccessible so I couldn't get updates. :-(

	- SJML