[wplug] Linux games to show off at LAN party

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Sat Mar 25 15:08:15 EST 2006

I was going to throw in Enemy Territory but was beaten to the punch.
It's free and based on Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
So let me suggest Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

You can get loads of free demos at ID software's ftp site.
Take a look around ftp://ftp.idsoftware.com  and the zerowing ftp site too.
Free demo's for: Doom3, Quake4, RTCW, Enemy Territory and others.

There's a Loki site still up that has a bunch of free demo's too.
Most of these are older games that probably won't impress anyone.

Patrick,  I play ET all the time.
My game name is:
  =PoW= Kernel 2.6.5
I play at:
 =PoW= Extreme (69.31.6.151)
and
 =PoW= Chaos (69.31.6.171)
Hope to see you on sometime.

There are some cool mod's for ET that make it look and feel like a completely
different game.
Patrick mentioned the ETF mod (Fortress) but my favorite is the True
Combat:Elite mod that gives you a game very similar to Counter Strike.

Check out www.truecombat.com.

Now, if only EA games would wake up and start doing some Linux versions.