[wplug] starting slapd and PEM passphrase prompt

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Fri Jun 30 19:49:10 EDT 2006

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Matthew T. Engel wrote:

> How do I get rid of this?
>
> My /etc/openldap/slapd.conf file contains:

As with apache, you can remove the "-des3" argument to openssl(1)
certificate generation to not passphrase protect the private key.

You can also remove the Passphrase from an exiting private key file using
a combination of -in and -out.

Unlinke apache, however, there is no "Password mechism: exec
/path/to/script", so you cannot automate the input, unless you can do some
magic in your RC script.

~BAS