[wplug] Email clients, mailing lists and spellcheck

Jason Carr jason at flacid.org
Thu Jun 15 07:58:15 EDT 2006

Jonathan S. Billings wrote:
> I realize that everyone does email in their own way.  I was wondering,
> do people on the list do spell-checks on every message they send out,
> particularly large groups such as a mailing list?
>
> I know I have spell-check turned on for all my mail clients.  Evolution
> and Mozilla Thunderbird have it integrated, and in mutt, I use Emacs as
> my editor with "flyspell" mode turned on.  I'm certain that pine has
> spell-checking ability, although it probably is not required.
>
> Any thoughts?

I use Mozilla Thunderbird on Windows, Evolution on Linux boxes with
spell checking built in.  I don't like Evolutions spell check as much as
Thunderbird's since you have to right click on the word that is
underlined, then click "check spelling" or some such nonsense.
Thunderbird you can just right click on the misspelled word and it gives
you a few suggestions and you can just click the correct one.  I also
use Mutt when I don't feel like having a full blown GUI client running,
I use vim as my text editor for mail, and I don't do any spell checking.
  I believe that vim 7 has spell checking built in or something, but my
distro hasn't released vim 7 yet.

- Jason