[wplug] reckless pedestrians

terry mcintyre terrymcintyre at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 13:22:13 EDT 2006

I checked the law in Los Angeles: one may legally ride
bicycles on the sidewalk, except in a reckless manner.
Can't speak to the law in Pittsburgh.

My pet beef: reckless pedestrians.

Many times, I have seen pedestrians launch out of a
doorway and blithely cross the sidewalk, looking
neither to their right nor left, absolutely oblivious
to their surroundings. Or the group of two to five
pedestrians, ambling along, spread across the entire
width of the sidewalk.

Where is it writ that a pedestrian may ambulate at
will, blinders and all, creating a moving hazard and
obstruction? Instead of complaining about others, I
suggest that pedestrians wake up, use their eyeballs,
and quit hogging the sidewalk.

Terry McIntyre
UNIX for hire
software development / systems administration / security

213-291-5169 or 2132915169 at tmomail.com ( text )
terrymcintyre at yahoo.com