[wplug] OT: Risk management (helmet laws)

Burt E Reany breany at csc.com
Wed Jun 14 11:25:29 EDT 2006

   Will the "Bikes belong only in the street" opinion  continue when your
daugter turns seven and starts riding? Real "pedalcycles" do belong in the
street - and have an experienced rider.  I promulgate the concept that kids
just learning SHOULD be learning  on the playground or on the sidewalk;
that a responsible society would put a law in place outlawing riding bikes
on the sidewalk, and that  the socially-concious, responsible adults who
enforce that law will have the intelligence to NOT force incompetent,
sidewalk-riding younger children to "go out and play in the traffic".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             Zach
             <netrek at gmail.com
             Sent by:                  "General user list"
             wplug-bounces+bre         <wplug at wplug.org>
             any=csc.com at wplug                                          cc
             .org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [wplug] OT: Risk management
             06/13/2006 06:53          (helmet laws)
             PM

             Please respond to
             General user list
             <wplug at wplug.org>

Yeah and many of said bicyclists won' even beep or ring a bell or even
have the common courtesy to say "excuse me" or "coming through", and
as a pedestrian I'm damn sick of it ! So many times I've almost been
run into or not knocked into by some fool kid riding their bike on the
sidewalk. Time to start clotheslining people!
Bicycling on the sidewalk is breaking the law, period. But I've seen
cops drive by as it happens and they could care less.

Zach

On 6/13/06, Doug Green <diego96 at mac.com> wrote:

> That's such a Pittsburgh Comment that I don't even know where to start.
How