[wplug] OT: Risk management (helmet laws)

Brent M. Rust rust at lucasware.com
Tue Jun 13 13:47:11 EDT 2006

Bicycle, heck, all modes of transport. In the last month I have driven
IN New York City, Boston, Tampa, Orlando and Chicago. While NYC was the
most dense traffic, the drivers around here are most dense. Tampa has
some of the BEST traffic and drivers (no stuck turn signals either) even
with a HUGE 29.5 mile rebuilding of Interstate 4.

I do have to put some blame on the Western PA traffic engineers (and
powers that be)....."Why can't I take 79 South and then 279 to
Robinson?" ((Would that be 279 North, or 279 South?))...and..."You can't
get there from here!" and many other Pittsburgh traffic jokes. The
designs are just plain stupid. The excuse of "The roads are designed
around the hills of the geography" is also plain stupid. If you have to
move dirt to make an exit or on ramp and bridge abutments etc, you can
make a road one lane wider for an extra 1000
feet....arrrrghhghghghgh.........

What is my biggest complaint? STOPPING to MERGE into traffic driving 70
miles an hour. Who in the hell teaches that in traffic school? The
acceleration lanes....oops, they don't put those in the designs here
because of the geography......(idiots)......anyway, no one in
Pittsburgh, knows how to ACCELERATE and merge into existing traffic.
Then again, most drivers don't allow anyone to accelerate and merge
because they are too busy tailgating.

In the design of the Findlay connector, they are replacing one bridge
and creating another one. The replacement, it looks like they are also
making an on ramp onto PA Route 22. It will spill onto Rt 22, ON A
CORNER. Hello, you won't be able to see oncoming traffic because it's
coming from around a corner. IDIOTS!
Now I'm pi$$d! Not at you all, but I'm so off topic I can't see
straight.

Arggghghghghg, I'm OUT!

Cheers,
Brent
((Hay, sorry about continuing off topic, but I had to voice......LINUX
ROCKS!!!))