Stock analysis Re: [wplug] OT - data mining intro

Brian Sammon wplug-list at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 13 23:21:16 EDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:41:03 -0400
"Chris Romano" <romano.chris at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Does anyone have a recommendation on a good intro book on data
> > mining?  I am

<snip>

> The  areas that I am interested in are statistical analyses,
> trend/pattern recognition, and correlation in data that is either in a
> database or stored locally on a machine.  I plan on using it for stock
> market analysis.

It's not a book, but have you heard of a package called GeniusTrader?
(www.geniustrader.org)
It's a Perl toolkit for stock market analysis.
I looked into it a few weeks ago, and I haven't had enough time to
learn it yet, but it looks really interesting.
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has used this or similar software,
and what they think of it.