[wplug] Issue with binding two NICs

Dane Miller dane at olneyfriends.org
Tue Jul 11 14:33:27 EDT 2006

Mike Griffin wrote:
> I installed a fresh copy of Debian Sarge on a server with two NICs,
> when I bind the interfaces together I receive some unexpected
> behavior.

Sorry for asking the obvious, bu just checking the basics here... you
are using a switch that supports 802.3ad port trunking, and is
configured to trunk the ports connected to your Debian box, right?

from http://linux-ip.net/html/ether-bonding.html
   "A single machine connected with two physical cables to a
switch which supports port trunking can use link aggregation
to the switch. Any conventional switch will become ineffably
confused by a hardware address appearing on multiple ports
simultaneously."

Dane