[wplug] 45 Minutes with High Schoolers

J Aaron Farr farra at apache.org
Mon Jan 30 12:06:00 EST 2006

Friday I have the opportunity to spend about 45 minutes with kids
enrolled in the computer programming track at a local vo-tech school.
The message I'd really like to send to these kids is that they don't
need to wait until the graduate or go to college to start doing some
interesting programming (unlike some other subjects taught in vo-tech
or high school).  With that in mind, I'm pondering over handing out
articles by Paul Graham or ESR and maybe even a Knoppix CD or a CD of
useful programming tools for Windows.

Has anyone else done something similar?  Any suggestions?

--
  jaaron