[wplug] 45 Minutes with High Schoolers

Burt E Reany breany at csc.com
Mon Jan 30 12:11:19 EST 2006

   I've found that they really enjoy discovering that a browser's "View
Source" window gives them access to practical examples.

for such purpose.

                      J Aaron Farr
                      <farra                    To:      Wplug <wplug at wplug.org>
                      @apache.org>              cc:
                      Sent by:                  Subject: [wplug] 45 Minutes with High Schoolers
                      wplug-bounces+bre
                      any=csc.com

                      01/30/2006 12:06
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      General user list

Friday I have the opportunity to spend about 45 minutes with kids
enrolled in the computer programming track at a local vo-tech school.
The message I'd really like to send to these kids is that they don't
need to wait until the graduate or go to college to start doing some
interesting programming (unlike some other subjects taught in vo-tech
or high school).  With that in mind, I'm pondering over handing out
articles by Paul Graham or ESR and maybe even a Knoppix CD or a CD of
useful programming tools for Windows.

Has anyone else done something similar?  Any suggestions?

--
  jaaron