[wplug] Speaking of MIDI...

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Wed Jan 25 10:23:41 EST 2006

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 10:59:32PM -0500, Robert E. Coutch wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know what I'm talking about and can give a little
>> guidance?
>
> Yes.
>
> No.
>
> I'd LOVE to have a LUG presentation on *this* topic!!!

 	Interesting concept, I guess a GNU/Linux electronic music
presentation. Trackers, sequencers, and soundcard foon.

 	Also, I would think that these things also have ROM banks of
sounds. It would seem I guess unnecessary to actually include the sounds
on the card, since MIDI is sorta deprecated on the PC
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/midi). I can't imagine that they wouldn't
include even a crappy GM soundset.

 	Anyone remember that guy that was programming music via perl -- on
stage?

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.zhrodague.net