[wplug] Laptop MIDI

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Tue Jan 24 12:43:42 EST 2006

> I have been working on getting the snd-serial-u16550 serial port MIDI module
> loaded with NO success.
> Has anyone successfully used this?
> I have a Korg 05/RW and Alesis QS6.1 that have the pc serial port and I have
> the proper cable.

 	Oh, right -- the Korg 05/RW DOES have a built-in MIDI interface
for PC and Mac, if I remember correctly. I think it relies on the driver
to convert things properly, and will most likely only work with the
provided driver. Is it the same with the Alesis? I'd say to check out some
of the USB fobs that are out there. Go with the Guitar Center fobs, they
have them right on the desk.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		http://www.zhrodague.net