[wplug] Free VoIP Phone Numbers in Pittsburgh?

David Ostroske eksortso at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:05:02 EST 2006

On 2/20/06, Greg Simkins <gregsim at telerama.com> wrote:
> Why not get an 800 number from Asterlink
> (http://www.asterlink.com/solutions.htm)?  That is next to free.  You put a
> few bucks in the account and it costs $0.02 per minute to use.  At least
> that is what the deal was when I signed up.  Actually I haven't used it
[...]

Thanks, Greg. That's actually not too bad of a deal if it's only $0.02
per minute. I am still likely to hold out for free inbound calling,
unless that's not feasible at this time.

> because I have not yet figured out how to configure the box.  I had it
> working once, but alas, it keeps slipping down in priority on my list of
> things to do.

I know what that's like. I've still got a brand-new printer that I
haven't even removed from its box. I'll have it up and running around,
oh, September...

> Greg

Patrick, thanks for chiming in. This request is for WPLUG in
particular, but I do want to keep the conversation general enough to
target any group in Western PA. I know that there are some VoIP
providers who want to add on more and more users because the network
effect helps drive their business model. If that's the case for some
service provider in the area, we could certainly promote them if they
wanted to help us out.

--
David Ostroske <eksortso at gmail.com>