[wplug] [OT] Acrobat's mysterious messages

beer beer at cmu.edu
Fri Feb 17 08:59:22 EST 2006

On Thu, February 16, 2006 8:09 pm, Bill Moran said:
> No, no, no.  You're misunderstanding me.
>
> This is a PDF _form_.  Much like an HTML form.  It's intended to be
> filled out, except Acrobat won't let me do anything with it once I've
> filled it out, except print it!

I dont think we are misunderstanding you.  I think you are making an assumption that is clouding your view here....just because a form is available online does not make it an 'online form.'  For instance, the Post Office has a number of their forms online in pdf but there intention is for you to download the form and submit a paper copy.  I think that is likely what is happening here.

> It's also very polite in that it lets me fill out the 3 page job
> application, _THEN_ it tells me that it can't save anything I've done.

Yeah that sucks.  I've never been a fan of adobe products myself.