[wplug] [OT] Acrobat's mysterious messages

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Feb 16 13:40:30 EST 2006

It looks as if Adobe has been taking lessons from Microsoft.  If not,
they've certainly picked up MS' ability to provide cryptic and
mostly useless error messages.

Acrobat reader 7 says
"Data typed into this form will not be saved.  Acrobat Reader 7 can only
save a blank copy of this form."

With _absolutely_no_indication_of_why_!

The Windows and Linux versions both give me similar messages.

Does anyone know WTF is going on with this?  Are both of my installations
of AR flawed?  Is something wrong with the PDF provided to me?  Is
AR simply crippled and unable to do this?

I haven't been able to find anything online regarding these messages - at
least, nothing helpful.

--
Bill