[wplug]

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Feb 15 16:58:43 EST 2006

> > You might want to consider a LinkSys NSLU2.  It's a little network
> > device that you attach USB2.0 hard disks to.  Provides samba file
> > sharing, but because it runs Linux, you can use NFS and install backup
> > daemons on it.
> >
> > For my computer, I basically do all my backups over the network because
> > I've got 100Mbit ethernet but only USB 1.1 on board.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion Patrick. How much does that device cost?
> Does it come with wireless security features?

Lots of useful information on the NSLU2 can be found at:

http://www.nslu2-linux.org/

They run around about $80-$100 or so, and you can hook a hub onto the
back of them.  In fact, it's a full blown USB host controller on there.
A few enterprising hackers even are running WinTV PVR-USBs off it.
Kinda cool to have such a small little box recording TV for you.

--Patrick