[wplug] Solution (was: help needed with USB flash drive)

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Wed Aug 2 14:42:23 EDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 02:07:55PM -0400, ecc wrote:
> I'm trying to use a 1GB TwinMOS T4 flash drive on Linux, but it shows up as
> having an invalid partition table.  On a Mac OSX machine, it shows up
> as 2 disks, one 1.5MB, and the other 900+ MB.  The 1.5MB makes me
> suspect some kind of boot-floppy emulation.

Just following up with the solution to this, for the archives:

I had to download a current version of the partitioning tool from
http://www.twinmos.com/flash_download.htm, which only runs under
Windows XP.  I used it to set the size of the "secure" partition to 0,
and the "public" partition to the maximum.

The device then shows up as a single device under Linux that can be
read and written without problems.