[wplug] spam score for comcast

Dane Miller dane at olneyfriends.org
Tue Sep 27 10:58:10 EDT 2005

We use Comcast for bandwidth and First Net for email/web hosting.
Internal emails (i.e. to other olneyfriends.org addresses) get a high
spam score when sent with a POP/SMTP client like Thunderbird.  The spam
score is driven primarily by the fact that our dynamic IP from Comcast
appears in a dsbl.org black list.  We run no Internet facing services,
and should not be black listed.  But more importantly, we are connecting
to our First Net mail server via SMTP AUTH, which should prove that the
email is legit.

Several questions materialize...
1. Does this problem affect external email as well? (I need to test with
someone running Spam Assassin)

2. How does one go about removing their dynamic IP from black lists?

3. What the freak?  SMTP AUTH is supposed to cure this problem, right?

Dane
--
Dane Miller
Technology Coordinator