[wplug] OT: Hauppauge 150 vs. 250

Arnaud Loos arnaud at arnaudloos.com
Tue Sep 20 14:11:33 EDT 2005

I'm looking for some advice from people that have either card. I understand
the 150 came out after the 250 and is based on the same chipset. Supposedly
performance is also the same. Obviously the 150 is the cheaper of the two
but I was wondering if anyone had a vote either way. I've read that the 150
has some problems recording sound, that it elevates the levels
significantly.

The card is going to sit in a Windows box initially but will eventually end
up in a MythTV box so any driver and/or compatibility issues I'd be
interested in also.

Thanks.

Arnaud-