[wplug] job market

Brent M. Rust rust at lucasware.com
Mon Oct 24 11:25:00 EDT 2005

I have been contacted by some companies from the pghtech.org site and
many were consultant type (head hunters) looking to fill a position for
their clients. But I did get my current position from a resume submitted
through that site.
The reference to pghtech.org was more to actually see what companies
were hiring in what areas. And yes, it is only a percentage of what is
out there. Some companies do not use pghtech.org as a resource. Just
like not everyone adverts in a paper. Some, like Bayer, won't even
accept a resume on site, you must know someone or use their web site.
But if you aren't from the area and don't have any local contacts, then
the web may be your only way in to the market here.

~b