[wplug] Contract Job Opportunity...way [OT]

Chris Ott cott at acclamation.com
Mon Nov 14 12:46:15 EST 2005

Zach wrote:

> I feel your pain too Matt. I am looking for an entry-level foot-in-door
> type of position and all I see advertized are the "Wanted: Senior
> <foo>", "Experienced Candidate - 5-7 years experience in <foo>", type IT
> positions :-(

I don't know... It doesn't seem like there are too many senior-level
positions out there, either, though I suppose I could *too* senior (25
years). I've been sending out resumes fairly regularly for about 6
months and the only call-back I've received is from someone who used to
be a co-worker.

Even more off-topic: one of the things that concerns me is the number of
jobs asking for database experience - one of the areas where I'm fairly
weak. I always wanted to get into databases a little more, but a primer
would really help. To that end, I'd like to request Dave O. to do a real
database presentation for our meeting in December, since we haven't
chosen a topic, yet. :-)

Chris